Established by the Cirkev Bratská Evangelical Church, the bilingual schools are based on Christian foundations. Religious education included in our curriculum has an ecumenical character showing respect for the beliefs of every student. A wide range of extra-curricular activities gives opportunities for building relationships and meeting deeper needs.
In our attempt to develop the potential of every student entrusted to our care, we lead students to think creatively and critically, to work in team, to respect each other, to communicate in an international environment and to be open to life-long education.
We educate and lead students towards responsibility, honesty and self-sustainability in the spirit of Christian biblical values. Religious education included in our curriculum has an ecumenical character showing respect for the beliefs of every student.
The bilingual schools are based on Christian foundations and share staff, facilities, and a common board.
- The five-year High School curriculum consists of an intense language program. It is based upon up-to date teaching curriculum and standards issued by the Slovak Ministry of Education. Matriculating students are prepared for university and college studies, both home and abroad.
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities gives opportunities for building relationships and meeting deeper needs.
- $8,850 for three after school programs. Supplement teacher salaries working extra time.
- 18,450 for 20 scholarships for underprivileged children.
This year, 269 children attend the Narnia School and 229 students attend the high school.
Academic Year 2008/2009
- A new "Religion and Ethics" curriculum being taught to 15-20 year-olds is in the process of accreditation by the Slovakian Ministry of Education. It could soon be introduced into other high schools nationally.
A few recent successes of our students:
- Represented Slovakia in the most prestigious international debating competition – World Schools Debating Championships in Greece;
- Represented Slovakia in international meeting of Model European Parliament; participation in Model International Criminal Court in Poland;
- Participated in European Development Days in Strasbourg (France) and a finalist in Development Youth Prize 2007;
- 1st prize in the national round of "Hviezdoslavov Kubin" in poetry recitation.